Our Keynote Speaker will be Dr. Suegee Tamar-Mattis. Workshops will be held by a variety of professionals and content experts from Kaiser, National Center for Lesbian Rights, No-Bully, the San Francisco Department of Public Health, local support groups, private practitioners, and more on the following topics:
- Gender identity formation
- Informed consent
- Anti-bullying Interventions
- Creating a Trans-Friendly practice
- Working with children, youth, families, spouses and partners
- Talking to your clients about sex
- Education systems and how schools can best respond
- Legal identity documents
- The latest in legal rights and legal representation
- Medications and medical procedures
All questions can be emailed to Lynea Seiberlich-Wheeler at email@example.com.
Dr. Suegee Tamar-Mattis
Suegee Tamar-Mattis, is a family physician who founded and ran the Transgender Clinic in Sonoma County for 9 years, which served the trans community of Sonoma, Napa, and Mendocino counties.
Suegee has spent the past year working with the Human Rights Watch documenting human rights violations against intersex people in the United States, and is currently working on a research project with Brown University regarding the trauma experienced by this community.